Sunday, November 6, 2011

New Chapter

It is so crazy to look back at the past 6 months and see the new chapter that we are going to open in our lives. I know that our lives are about to change more than we know it. I am so excited for the change!

I remember when we lived in San Diego and my neighbor was pregnant. She would always show me the books she was reading and what was going on with the baby every week. I was totally not a fan of all that. I actually thought that whole pregnancy thing, having another human growing inside of you was just plain out CRAZY! It was one of those things that I couldn't get a good grasp of.

Well, let me tell you.... Now that I am experiencing it for myself, I think it is such an amazing thing we can experience in our life.I have been very blessed when it comes to the sickness thing. I have not really had any of that. I can count on one hand the number of times my stomach felt queezie.... Yes, very lucky!

When we first found out, I went and bought the Pregnancy day by day book and started reading. Don't get me wrong, I still think it is so crazy what our bodies go through and what they can do. It has been really neat to see all the different stages of development we go through.

When we found out that we were having a little GIRL, I was pretty excited! Billy on the other hand was pretty disappointed. a few days after we found out, I remember Billy asking " What am I suppose to do with a little girl"?  Oh Billy..... I told him you can do anything with a girl that you would with a little boy. You can take your little girl hunting, fishing, camping, dirt bike riding, and whatever else you would with a boy. Once I told him that he looked at me like " You really going to let your little girl do all that"? After he gave me the look, I told him " And yes, she can still be girly if she does all those things. Look at Travis's girls, they do all that stuff and they are still very beautiful girls"! He started to loosen up after that.

It has been really neat to see Billy change. He has gone from "I don't shop for girls" to going on his own time and guying a cute pink head band with a pink flower and some clothes..... YEP, I think this little girl is already tied around her daddy's little finger. We do have a named picked out but, Billy calls her MJ. It is so neat to always hear him say "I am so excited to see MJ" " I can't wait to see MJ in this (as he holds up an article of clothing)" He has gone from wanting nothing to do with it to constantly talking about MJ.

We are now on the home stretch. We have 5 more weeks until our baby girl joins our family. We still have some things to get done. Isn't that how it usually goes..... I have been very thankful for that family and friends who have given me their hand-me-down stuff. I sure hope they understand how THANKFUL I am for their kindness. I don't think I can thank them enough!    

I have put just a few pictures of the last couple of weeks. A gal that I work with was very nice and offered to take pictures of Billy and I. It was VERY cold that day and VERY windy...Thank you! I have also posted a picture of MJ :). This is one of our 4D ultra sound pictures.

MJ, we are so excited for you to complete our little family! Your mom and dad already have so much love for you!

I am very THANKFUL for the trust that the Lord has in Billy and I to raise one of his children. "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it" This will be something I need to constantly remind myself.


                                                                   
                                                                      Little Miss MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment